Thursday, February 28, 2013

Product review: Makin Bacon Microwave Rack

Bacon is one of the favorite part of our breakfast in the house at least twice a week. The only way I know how to cook bacon is to fry them in the pan by not putting oil until 2 years ago I discovered Makin Bacon® Microwaveable Rack.

It has a tray with three bars on it where you hang the bacon. Five pieces of bacon at least in each bar so in one cooking there will be fifteen pieces of bacon ready to munch (or depending on the size of your bacon).

Sample of our morning chum.
Cook at least one minute on high power per bacon or depending on how you would like your bacon to be. For us we like it crunchy but not overly cooked.

The finished product. Mmm. Mmm.
Cooking bacon has never been this easier. I don't even have to turn it around and watch over it while cooking. No guessing, no mess, and most of all, the oil is being captured in the tray just like that.

Voila! Presenting the oozing fat captured in the tray.
Imagine those ounces of grease going through your veins. That would be taking at least twice the serving of oatmeal. Although I don't have a problem with that but in my household I'm the only one who can take the texture and taste of oatmeal. So I need to work on that ;-)

My conclusion: The product is excellent! I love it. At least 50% fat from the bacon was taken away and basically it served its purpose. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment