Monday, February 4, 2013

Shoes, anyone?

While I'm happy with my Skechers SRR Prospeed, I can't resist the urge to get myself another pair of fitness shoes. After all I feel a lot of energy to burn these fats when my feet swear I'm wearing the perfect shoes. In other words, a new pair of shoes means inspiration to do more! =)


My last two pairs of Merrell shoes (Moab and Siren Sport) both lasted for more than 5 years and I absolutely love them! However while window shopping online I found two unusual running shoes that I thought I might give it a try. I'm no longer hiking but I try to squeeze in to my schedule a few trips to the gym and a 20-minute kickboxing workout with my favorite Jillian Michaels dvd. I initially have five pairs to choose from and was down to two.



Adidas Kanadia 5 Trail Shoes. Weights 9.0 ounces, Air mesh upper for maximum ventilation, Molded and injected EVA insole for comfort and long-term lightweight cushioning (I am not sure what that is but it sounds pretty good!), ADIPRENE under the heel for superior cushioning at impact with ADIWEAR outsole for ultimate in high-wear durability and TRAXION outsole for maximum grip in all directions (must be the technical terms they use for their shoes). Most reviews I read were posted by certified personal trainers. Interesting isn't it? I like the combination of colors on black. Its looks I must say is a headturner!



I've always been intrigue with that "zigzaggy" look of Reebok's ZigLite Electrify. Leather/mesh upper for comfort, support, and breathability, low-cut design for added mobility, ZigTech technology for a unique sole that provides responsive cushioning for performance running or training, 3D Ultralite foam technology, and SmoothFit technology streamless seaming for comfortable fit with minimized rub and irritation. The reviews of ZigLite were equally stunning as the Kanadia 5.

Oh these bombastic words they use just make it even more interesting from all sides of the soles. It's like a magic spell to make someone like me take a second look. I wish someone invent a running shoes that can actually and literally take at least a pound of calories off your body with every half a mile walk - oh that would be so awesome!  Anyway, those bold looks molded by technology to me can be just as inspiring to do some mild workouts. What is 30 minutes a day? One of those two will be my birthday gift to myself (you hear that honeybee? =P).

Oh and here's sharing with you my preschooler's personal choice for her:



She loves purple - all shades of purple. Very royalty indeed. She thinks she's a tween already and very independent in her choice of what to wear. I'm so proud of her. I wonder where she got that love for shoes =P

No comments:

Post a Comment