Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Product review: Sassy Grow Up Cup

My eldest daughter is turning 5 in a couple of months and my youngest will be 3. Kids just grow up so fast sometimes I am amazed that we are able to keep up with their growing years despite of how ruggedly busy this world is.

Three weeks ago, my kids were using Tommee Tippee and Nuke tumbler cups but now I switched them to Sassy Grow Up Cup thinking that it's time for my little girls to graduate from sippy cups and get used to real drinking glass. I have no problem with sippy cups really (hello, I'm a lover of sippy cups). It's just that I think maybe it's time for them to drink milk from the glass before leaving the house and going to bed at night. Just the idea of no more sippy cups to clean in the sink along with the dishes is another piece of heaven any parent wishes to graduate.

So, I tried (many times!) giving them the milk in a glass but they would  just not take it. I still wanted them to drink milk and it is a problem to me especially with my youngest who is presently going through potty training. In short, too much stress is not good either. Amazingly, there's an answer to everything (thank heavens!)


Presenting, the Sassy Grow Up Cup. Tadaaa! Yes, it is spoutless! And they can actually drink anywhere around the rim. I had a flashback then that Philips AVENT Natural Drinking Cup had the very similar cup couple of years ago (and they still do) because I had my youngest used them when she was less than a year old but for some reasons she didn't take it so we switched her to Tommee Tippee. 


It is easy to open and close the lid. You just have to hold the middle handle and twist. I observed my girls carefully when they drink their milk lying down. So far so good. These cups don't leak when being used however we discovered the issue of leaking when the cups are turned upside down. The reason is when the soft lid is being pushed or lightly pressed the liquid comes out. That's the mechanism of this cup. So always check if the cups are in the right position.


I find them easy to clean too just separate the soft lid from the hard one to evenly clean the milk residue. Sometimes I use toothpick to remove the stubborn milk residue around the rim. It is easier to clean them under running water.



I use my favorite Sassy No Scratch Bottle Brush to clean the cup.


Sassy Grow Up Cups are available in different colors and comes in pack of two. I bought mine at ToysRUs and they are also available at Amazon. From a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 9. It's not insulated which makes it a negative factor for me, but heck this one has no spout so I'm happy my kids were like drinking from a cup while putting themselves to sleep at night. :) 












No comments:

Post a Comment